What is included???
- Titled land, 363 acres primary rainforest, 1/2 mile of calm beach front and 32 acres of gardens
- 4 cabins and 7 tent cabins will accommodate up to 28 guests
- Additional two bedroom owners house with two bathrooms, caretakers house and a huge workshop with many tools, generators, mowers and a generous supply of tropical hardwood lumber to work with.
- Stress free, healthy lifestyle in Costa Rica
- Growing business includes a coveted commercial license to use the maritime property called a "permiso de uso"
- Diversified income stream
- Highly rated internet presence
- Permission available to add more buildings
- Self sufficient farm with dozens of tropical fruits, veggies, chickens and fish caught in the Gulf
- Pristine spring fed water source
- Loyal long term staff of 5 in low season, 6 in high season.
- Respectable and valuable contributor to local economy
- All equipment, boats, kayaks, stand up boards, tools, furniture and sundries
- 3 complete off grid solar and one mini hydro-system for electric power
- 9 years consecutive Certificate of Excellence TripAdvisor rating and the #1 rated specialty lodge in the Golfo Dulce.
- All sensible offers considered with qualified buyers providing proof of ability to purchase.
- The current owners have tripled the business earnings, doubled the occupancy of the hotel and now enjoy a respectable return on investment. There is significant buildable space to increase the occupancy rate of the lodge or to build new homes. A major plus for this property is the ability to obtain building permits on waterfront property.
- The lodge has undergone numerous upgrades and improvements. The hard work is done! The hotel has new infrastructure upgrades (solar electric, cabins and equipment), new (edible) landscaping, detailed marketing campaigns, website, and the business is highly organized and efficient. The staff operates as a team and is very honest, hard working, and proud to work for the lodge. As a result, Saladero has many repeat and referral guests each year.
- All financial documents are maintained in excellent order and this turn-key business comes complete with two registered Costa Rican Corporations. The existing owners are prepared to conduct a complete training handover to any new Owner.
Located at the North East corner of the Golfo Dulce, we enjoy the calmest part of the gulf. With ½ mile of beachfront your guests will have a multitude of activities to keep them enthralled. Swimming, snorkeling at nearby coral reefs, kayaking the mangroves of the Rio Esquinas and wildlife viewing with Humpback whales, whale sharks, turtles and two species of dolphins that swim right in front of Saladero.
This is a survey of the concession area that you can obtain permits to build. Permits are obtained through the nearby municipality and MINAE easily.
The land is gently sloping and easily accessible.
The cost per square meter of usable beachfront land (public and concession) is $10.25 per square meter.
A Better Way to Live
National Geographic has stated this area is one of the most bio diverse locations in the world. Situated in Piedras Blancas National Park, this lodge is home to over 350 sighted species of birds (900 in Costa Rica), all 5 species of cats known in Costa Rica and many other animals, insects and reptiles.
The Primary Forest
The balance of the property is primary rainforest and is titled land in the name of our corporation. This land consists of heavily forested mountains.
The government declared it Piedras Blancas National Park and has agreed to pay for the titled portion when they have the funds. A formal submission has been made by us.